We've been pushing back that issue until now, not because we didn't want to fix it earlier, but because the other fixes we've made to this version are highly connected with each other.
While earlier versions of SHC contained all the artwork in various resolutions to prevent scaling issues, the new version contains all the artwork an upgraded image format. One that no longer requires various files for different resolutions and is about 6 times smaller. Which makes the new file size for the beta, less than 400 MB. (The earlier file sizes of 1,5 GB were really ridiculous)
New with version 0.98.24
- New Artwork Format, reducing the file size from 1,5 GB to 400 MB with no loss of image quality. (Thank you Adobe )
- Character transparency issues fixed.
- Tweaks to Relationship points system.
- Tweaks to Savegame system for faster saving times
- Thomas's 2nd scene, corrupted image fixed (F*ck, it was a climax image too)
- ADDED an audio notification whenever a character loses points due to a choice you made in the past.
- Relationship points no longer allow you to keep adding them by going back and forward and repeating that.
- Built in support for Digital delivery and updating with OONYX Starter on Windows and OSX.
- Many dialogue grammer issues fixed (Don't worry, there is still a proof read by a professional scheduled)
- Many more bug fixes included
Download Beta Version 0.98.24 or the Public Demo with OONYX Starter
Starting version 0.98.24, we've built in support for downloading and activation of the beta with OONYX Starter.
Simply download and install our download management tool "OONYX Starter" and you can find the beta or demo in the "Store" segment.
OONYX Starter will ask for your beta key to download the beta version.
The demo requires no beta key or payment
MAKE SURE TO SET THE OPTIONS BEFORE STARTING TO PLAY
The beta doesn't automatically adjust to your PC's specs so you need to set the resolution to your resolution!
Setting a resolution in the options that is smaller than your resolution set in windows will make the beta run in a window like state and become draggable by moving your mouse to the top right of the screen, pressing down on the mouse button and dragging.
FOUND A BUG? LET US KNOW SO WE CAN FIX IT!
Please let us know of any bugs you find in the beta so we can fix them. We've created a special board for that called "Bug Reports"
Please also make sure to read the "Bug reporting - How to" for more info on how to report bugs.
AND THE LAST ONE, IT'S A BETA! SO IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE BETA WON'T WORK FOR YOU
Though we've tested the beta on multiple pc's and laptops with various results it is entirely possible that it won't work for you. Maybe because we did something wrong or because Windows is being a pain. If it doesn't work for you, please post about it in the pre-order forum's "beta problems" board so we can try to figure out your problem.